Tuesday, December 22, 2015
Thursday, July 16, 2015
Okay, this art journal page-inspired by the ocean theme and watercolors took longer to plan then actually complete.
I've been staring at this blank journal page all week wondering what was going to happen. I quickly swirled on ocean waves and then traced them with a white China marker. Then I added the purple fish moving upward across the page to add some movement to the painting. Finally I splattered on some paint to get some texture and then used a little spray bottle with more blue paint and shimmer medium. After spritzing that on the entire picture & dabbing with a paper towel- it was finished. I could possibly add more details the fish, but I think I'll leave it alone. Maybe some journaling in black ink? That might be fun!
Monday, May 18, 2015
Monday, March 9, 2015
Monday, March 2, 2015
Friday, February 13, 2015
Materials i used :-)
Mixed media art journal (last page of it!)
Water soluble Gelatos
& a white artist oil pastel
1) Start at the center and doodle outward keeping the design connected. Aiming some some sort of radial semetry and playful lines...
2) Write in a word...maybe one you thought of while drawing the design. Something that you'd like to focus on while creating.
3) Ink up your stamps and put in the date and month of you'd like ;-)
4) Roll up a gelato or get your watercolor crayons and color it up! This is pure relaxation!
5) Paint in some of the areas to smooth out the visual texture of the crayon marks.
6) When it's dry you can add more layers of gelato and oil pastel to add some fun!
Loved making this...