Monday, October 10, 2011
These little guys were inspired by a swap-bot ATC swap.
Pigment ink in Chocolate
Vintage book pages
StazOn Jet Black ink
Black china marker
Telly Roll clear stardust
Souffle in opaque white
Sparkle MOD Podge
Dimensional paper glaze
1.Cut paper 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 to make the card or purchase some readymade ATC blanks.
2. Liberally paint white opaque gesso in vertical strokes to prime the cards.
Let dry throughly.
3. Glue on a strip of interesting book page to the bottom 1/4 of the page. Let dry completely.
4. Clip the corners once dry.
5. Ink the surface to emphasize the textures of the dry gesso
6. Cut out your subject and glue to attach. Let it dry.
7. Paint glitter glue on to create balance. Let dry.
8. When dry draw around the main subject with white charcoal and then black china marker.
9. Accent with Sakura Stardust pen.
10. Add elements with black ink and stamps.
11. Add drops of dimensional paper glaze to eyes and elements to emphasize. Dry.
12. Top off the dry glaze with opaque pen.
You did it! Now make another! Sign, title, date, and number each one. They are collector items-fun to create, trade, and collect!
Saturday, October 8, 2011
1. Hand carved stamps... Fun to do!
2. StazOn black ink
3. White ink (opaque)
4. Clear dimensional paint
5. Decorative paper
6. Book pages
7. White acrylic gesso
I veered from my bookmaking glue and used a glue stick to put these together...and it worked great!